SYSMO Earthquake Simulator
Educational tools :
To make students understand the link between seisms frequency and their dangerousness.
Study of civil engineer's complex structures is essential to ensure works' security and durability.
This testing rig allows to study several technical solutions to take line on structures facing seismic shakings : granted mass system, structure strengthening, height, neoprene supports.
The dumbwaiter allows to visualise the stress effect on different angles of the excitation incidence.
The removable elements of the structure allow to visualise their efficiency to fight against seisms effects.
- Heavy frame, mechanically welded lacquered sheet, mounted on anti-vibrated blocks
- Swinging platen on springy posts, with indexable rotating platen
- Excitator with adjustable frequency from 0 to 20Hz, stroke 2mm
- Different structures in sheet representing a building, with its floors, struts, suspension, pendulum mass and removable braces
- Control panel with a disconnecting switch, on/off switch, frequency adjustment (0 to 20 Hz)
- Supply 230V 50Hz 0.25kW
- Dimensions : L= 400 x l=400 x h= 220 mm
- Weight : approximately 40 kg
Option : Instrumentation
MEASURE AND DISPLAY DEVICE OF THE ACCELERATIONS ON A STRUCTURE SUBJECT TO A SEISM INCLUDING :
- Two triaxial accelerometers +/-30m/s² (3g) in metallic cases, to be fixed in two points of the structure
- Power supply and packaging box up to 4 sensors, 8 USB outputs
- Display software for PC (not supplied) (virtual instrument developped under National Instrument Labview platform), allowing to compare the accelerometers signals, realise measurements, confront measurements and theory ...